My name is Jetta, and I would love to come along side you and help you teach your homeschool students high school science.
For nine years I taught math and science in both public and private schools, but I “retired” in 2001 to become a stay-at-home mom. After sending our older son to half-day kindergarten, my husband and I decided to homeschool our children, and we have never regretted that decision for one moment. We have a 20 year old son in his sophomore year of college, a 17 year old son in his junior year of high school, and an eight year old daughter in second grade.
When our older son was ready to enter high school, we enrolled him in the biology class of a local homeschool teacher. But during the summer before the course started, her daughter became severely ill to the point that she had to disband her classes. A dear friend approached me about taking over the biology course, and after just a bit of thought, I agreed to do it. I had six students meet in my home every week, and we did extensive microscope and dissection labs. From that point forward, I dreamed of offering affordable science class options to local homeschool families, and I have been able to do that now for six years.
Eventually, I recruited several families to help me test drive an online option for physics. That project was an enormous challenge, and I learned so much about technology, time management, online organization, …and myself. I plan to offer this online physics course again for the 2018-19 school year. Come join me!
- B.S. in physics/chemistry education from Mississippi State University
- Nine years experience teaching physics, algebra, geometry, technology, and AP Physics in a large urban public high school and then an all-girls private school
- Six years experience teaching science courses such as biology, chemistry, and physics to both local and online homeschool students
- Wife of 20+ years to the kindest man in the world and mother to three awesome kids
- My faith: I am a Christian. Jesus is my Savior and Lord, and I believe the Bible is His Word. In my physics course, however, you will not observe any direct aspect of my faith. In other words, we will not discuss such topics as the origins or purposes of the universe. But I will personally pray for each student on a regular basis, and I hope you will see indirect aspects of my faith through my patience, perseverance, and grace.
- Interests: summer, trees, wildlife, family vacations, reading: Tolkien, Doyle, Austen, etc.
- Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jettaseboly/
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below if you have any questions.